Re: [Harp-L] Re: Harp-L Digest, Vol 69, Issue 55

On May 21, 2009, at 11:46 PM, steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Harp content: I saw an interview today on Crook and Chase with Charlie McCoy talking about his induction into the Country Music Hall of Fame. They said he had played on 12,000 sessions. He must be pretty good.

I would dispute that. I'm not trying to be a wise guy here and I love Charlie to pieces BUT, if you extrapolate the numbers, IF you were to * A V E R A G E * a session PER day, you can do 1,095 per year with NO time off, It would take nearly 11 years. Every other day and it would be almost 222 years. Every 3 days and it's almost 33. Every 4 days..almost 44. Now he HAS been around that long, but still..every 4 days? Pretty hard to manage. For that many years, any-HO.

Ergo: The famous 'They that say' have struck again.

Joe Yuma & the Doors