RE: [Harp-L] MIC HOLDING

Larry posts:
> In my case, right hand grip was what seemed natural to me 30 years ago - at that time, there was not much info/education re:harmonica playing, so there was no reason given to me to develop w/left hand. Now that teachers have gotten closer to defining the essence of tone by technique, one learning may have a head start in whatever direction they wish to develop.
>

> So someone who might not have formed a hand preference might use left had for
> both the tight, tone-driven blues grip and a looser, less seal-driven sound. Or
> use the right hand to keep the two approaches clearly separated.

I just tried both (I hold with my left hand but I  am right handed)-

I think that holding with the left hand is just more natural for most of us because the majority of all playing is done on the left side; the first two octaves of the instrument.

When I held with my right hand it felt like trying to throw with my left arm!

Congrats to Larry and all for the development of holding with both hands.

(I am bi-harmonical though, as I play both chromatic and 10 hole)

Michael Peloquin

http://harpsax.com

http://myspace.com/peloquinharpsax