From: Winslow Yerxa <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Mon, 18 May 2009 6:12 pm
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] RE: MIC HOLDING

OK, so the blues grip is driven first by sealing the harp and mic off from the
surrounding air, and an important part of that is the need to seal high register
holes against the cheek. And if you hold the harp right side up, then it's the
right cheek, and holding the harp and mic in the left hand achieves this without
interfering with the harp-to-cheek seal.

So someone who might not have formed a hand preference might use left had for
both the tight, tone-driven blues grip and a looser, less seal-driven sound. Or
use the right hand to keep the two approaches clearly separated.

Winslow

Winslow Yerxa

--- On Mon, 5/18/09, icemanle@xxxxxxx <icemanle@xxxxxxx> wrot
e: