[Harp-L] Question on Mic holding or not

Yesterday I was practicing with a buddy of mine and I could not get into it.  the feeling was lost. something was missing.
At the end of hours of practicing,,,, taking time off for coffee and homemade Salsa ( my wife makes the best coffee and Salsa in town).
I put down the mic and started just going off.  My hands were free to make wild passionate love to the harp. My buddy who is playing the guitar and my wife notice the difference....
I love my mic, It is custom made by Greg (blowmeaway) I love the sound coming from the amp... of the amp is ok.  One day I want to up grade it.  But still only use it for family and friends parties.  Richard gave me an equalizer that I'm getting used to.
I only mentioned this because I don't want to give up the mic + amp + equalizer and one day get a better amp and lone wolf.

My Question is:
Playing with the mic in hand my difficulty is just a learning curve or that the way it is....?
In other words you lose the wild hand effect to compensate for the mic...

It almost feels like I might drop the mic, if I start to fly off.
Its hard to explain I'm sorry if this is just a dumb question.
I just love to express myself with my hands, and was hoping this is just a bump I must get over....
as I said before I love my mic and don't want to try anything smaller.... Greg did a great job and worked real hard with me and he has my loyalty.....and my trust......

abner (Blueyes, my harp is my lover, my mic and I must become one)

  Recession-proof vacation ideas. Find free things to do in the U.S.