Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Subject: Re: Custom Harps ...Satisfied Customer

Thank you, Abner...you're a sweetie. I'm sure others have helped you a lot
more than me, but thank you for that and the very nice thoughts.

It took me ages to decide on the keys....kept changing my mind (I probably
drove Chris nuts, lol).  We finally settled on A, B, D and C, although I
wasn't sure I wanted a fully customized C ....finally decided I should have
one,  keeping in mind I do intend to add to my 'collection' later on.

As far as 'talent' goes...you're probably much further down the blues
diatonic talent path than I am at this moment in time. Truly.  I've  been
concentrating on anything but blues...and have played only chromatics for  years,
now.

I'm not suggesting at all that everyone run out to purchase custom harps
(there is a wait, no matter who makes them), and I have no affiliation with
Chris other than as someone who respects the heck out of his playing and
work  ethic (and now his harps)...and it's such a personal decision.

 I won't get embroiled in the: 'should or shouldn't a new player begin  on
a custom'.

 MY reasoning was:

1) why not?
2) Life's too short not to go with my first instinct to get these as my
belated birthday/Xmas gift
3) If not now, when?
4) Chris might become far too busy later on to be able to make  them for
me; and
5) I'M worth it <G>

Like you, nobody ever knows what to get me even though I'm not hard to
please. I just have everything I need (my animals, my music and my house...what
 more is there?) They still won't though, since I AM quite particular
about my 'harp related products'...preferring to choose my own.

One small heads-up (pun fully intended) to you about  gear...please be
extra careful about buying any heavy amp or other  equipment which you'll have
to carry with one hand. You've had serious neck  surgery. Carrying anything
over a few pounds with cervical disk problems is  ruled out. I'm in the same
boat. So anything I find (eventually) has to be  extremely light weight,
packable for air travel, not fragile and yet workable  for possible future
venues. A tall order. But who knows?....it may be in  development as we speak.

Thanks for your good wishes, Abner. You're a lovely man. We're both on the
same journey, albeit yours is in a much warmer and sunnier environment.  I
can't imagine anything more wonderful than strolling along playing
harmonica down by a beautiful Florida beach with the wind and waves drowning out
any 'noise' perceived by onlookers.  Ahhh....I can dream, can't I?

Elizabeth

"Message: 1