[Harp-L] Subject: re: Melody Gardot - Contemporary voice of today/Christelle harmonica

Thanks, Eric:   Much appreciated!

I'd no idea she'd made a CD before Worrisome Heart...so just checked  with
CD Baby to see if they still carried it. It's currently out of stock  but on
back-order. I'm signing up for it. Did get to hear a few bars of each of
the songs and, while Melody's voice is worth noting even then, it was  only
the beginning of her journey.  She sounded much more  'folk-singer/jazzy'.
The song 'Some Lessons' is also featured on Worrisome Heart  (and is her best,
I think).  Still, I'll buy anything she's  released...I'm so enamoured of
her voice.

Truly, in a few brief years she's developed into an incredibly mature
vocalist/songwriter.  I'd suggest to anyone else interested to first buy  her
current album: 'My One and Only Thrill' and then the others to hear her
development. She's as good now as any vocalist I've ever heard...and I'm
hearkening back to the best of the best. She deserves a ton more exposure than
she's gotten (although I do believe the world will not overlook this  chanteuse
the way they did Eva until it was too late for her).

For everyone's enjoyment here are a couple of her 'official' videos:

Baby I'm a Fool

(nobody panic...although she IS in a bathtub, this first isn't  remotely
suggestive)

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89qB0VO-3K4_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89qB0VO-3K4)

Quiet Fire

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBXfWd8Waq4_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBXfWd8Waq4)

Our Love is Easy (still picture/audio with lyrics)

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLSjZHshqj0_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLSjZHshqj0)

Harp content?  none...unless you're playing along on either a  chromatic
<G> (as I do) or a diatonic as Christelle does...

Elizabeth

Message: 7