[Harp-L] Harmonica in Montreal and KlezKanada

Hi Folks,

I'm having trouble getting a harmonica class this year for KlezKanada. So I would like to send the announcement below out again. In addition I would like to hold a weekly harmonica workshop in Montreal, beginning in a fall, I would like to find out if there's any interest. Please respond off list.

Here are some youtube clips for those of you unfamiliar with my playing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XsTsxWT0IQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3i3uXlbrN8&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKfxiUEoT_0

Over the past seven years I've been giving a harmonica workshop at KlezKanada, a week-long intensive program of Eastern-European Jewish music and Yiddish culture. It's a great time, tonnes of jamming, concerts, lectures, ensembles with approximately 450 participants. You don't have to be Jewish to attend!

My class is designed for intermediate/advanced diatonic harmonica players who are interested in exploring the possibilities of playing chromatically on the diatonic harmonica. We cover basic klezmer/ middle-eastern modes in several different keys on one diatonic and apply knowledge of these modes to learning klezmer melodies. For the more advanced players I get into techniques of overblowing/ overdrawing etc. - Getting into knowing the notes on the harmonica as opposed to playing in "positions." and exploring jazz standards, bluegrass melodies etc.

If you would like more information about the camp check out http:// www.klezkanada.org

Best wishes,

Jason Rosenblatt