Re: [Harp-L] Super Loud Bands

 From: robert mcgraw

Look Larry, I actually agree with you on this, I don't like playing loud music either, though I do at times...but to say you don't understand the musical attraction seems a bitÂdisingenuous to me given that you are old enough to remember The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Cream, Led Zepplin, etc etc etc.

I would submit that there was some musicality there, no?ÂÂÂ

 Not disingenuous at all, my good man.

Jimi Hendrix, Cream, Led Zep, etc, didn't play very loud at the club level when I heard them early on - at least, not like the Super Loud Bands being discussed in this thread. Even when these acts moved to arena status, they were loud to fill the insanely huge venues, but the music ebbed and flowed, as Mr. Otten said, with real dynamics and very nice interplay.

Come to think of it, those early rock days in Detroit watching all those great electric bands at the local venues, I can't remember any of those shows being as loud (uh, except for The Stooges and the MC5 - and even back then I just couldn't understand why that volume) as what I've heard in latter years coming from stages at blues and rock bars.

The fact that I, personally, don't get SUPER LOUD band in a musical context is no big deal, really. SUPER LOUD bands will probably still be blowin' out peoples ears in small, medium and even large venues. Obviously, I understand that some people love it - just don't get the why do they love it part, fro
m a musicians perspective. This musician can't find a musical voice to add to a SUPER LOUD band situation from a proactive sense and doesn't enjoy being subjected to it as a listener.

Hotmail has ever-growing storage! Donât worry about storage limits. Check it out.=