[Harp-L] Super Loud Bands

To be in this situation gig after gig mystifies me - what are the
advantages and where is the fun in playing super loud and blowing hard? Do  people
really listen and return for this experience? Do musicians really feel
satisfied doing this night after night? Is there real synergy and communication
between players at this volume level?

Not a put down - I just don't understand, or maybe it hasn't been explained
 to me so that I will.....

In a message dated 5/5/2009 11:33:09 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,