[Harp-L] Re: Vermona 48 Chord Harp

From: "A.C." <ac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Vermona 48 Chord Harp

I'm restoring an old Vermona 48 Chord harp I picked up at a pawn shop when I
was living in Hungary a long while ago.

One of the reeds is missing - does anybody have any idea what reeds would
fit that harp? I am pretty good at replacing a reed as long as I don't have
to rework the reed length and width

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Sounds sweet. Can you give me some dimensions on that reedslot?

The first place I would look would be on a Chromatic from Seydel, which used to Vermona during some of the DDR years. Second place would be on some Seydel tremolos. Seydel has been using the same reed profiles pretty much since the 1800s.
Actually, probably the best thing to do would be to purchase one of the East German Bandmaster chromatics, they aren't worth much, you can find 'em cheap on Ebay. Godspeed on this worthwhile project.

Dave
Dave Payne Sr.
Elk River Harmonicas
www.elkriverharmonicas.com