Re: [Harp-L] In search of harp teacher/workshop - DC

> After several years of listening to the harmonica greats such as Sonny Boy
> Williamson, Little Walter, George Harmonica Smith, and Walter Horton, I'm
> now at the point where I NEED to learn how to play harp for myself. I'm a
> complete beginner - only know how to tongue block thus far - and am in
> search of a harmonica class or instructor that can help guide me through the
> fundamentals.

Hi Danielle

Fred Yonnet was discussed in another thread. I had lessons with him a
few years ago. He is a great teacher and quite simply the nicest guy
you could ever hope to meet. He used to organise all his lessons
through Middle C Music on Wisconsin Ave in Tenleytown, but I don't
know if that's still the case. I suspect he's pretty busy right now
with the Prince gig and all, but I'd recommend emailing him through
his website.

Also, House of Musical Traditions in Takoma Park usually seems to have
a harmonica teacher or two on the books. I've never worked with them,
but may be worth checking out:
http://www.hmtrad.com/lessons/

Cheers
Ric