[Harp-L] Harmonicas available today

Just looked over recent exchanges about the various brands. Over the last few years my credit card and I have frequented online stores, and I have tried most of the instruments under discussion.

My view? We've never had it so good. Being one of the older dogs, I remember when Special 20s and Lee Oskars came out. Now competition amongst established and emerging companies has provided more good choices than ever before.

I put up an article a few weeks back where I grouped harmonicas into 5 categories: toy, budget, intermediate, premium and custom. The recent debate has been (mostly) about intermediate instruments, which I find to all be very decent. I have my favorite brands and models, but players better than me prefer different brands, different models. Tastes vary as much as players do.

However one thing is sure. Hyperbole (good or bad) about any major brand intermediate instrument can be safely ignored.

Tony Eyers
Australia
www.HarmonicaAcademy.com
...everyone plays