Re: [Harp-L] why custom harps

Ha ha ha, ha ha ha, ha ha ha, (ad nauseum) lolol You're ALL wrong. Here's the only reason.

In the last few days, I have been doing something I rarely ever do. Maybe haven't done in years. I actually was sitting in the garage playing tunes from my tune list. I noticed that my harps (the diabolo ones), are NOT up to my standards. That's right, Suddenly, after all these years of playing, they are below spec.

They have all been replaced in the last 5 to 17 months. They are all in tune. The reeds are all fine. I have been playing them at gigs. One of the following things happened:

1... I have progressed to/OR reached a point where standard out of the box harps aren't doing it for me. I am one step beyond (insert creepy Richard Hunter music here) their capabilities.

2... I am loosing it and no matter WHAT I do, the harps are still gonna suck.

smo-joe (please don't tell me it's number #2...please don't tell me I PLAY like #2.)