Re: [Harp-L] Re: Contest?

Short drive to Bosque Del Apache a nature preserve that hosts a spectacular crane festival later in the year. San Antonio New Mexico pretty much a small crossroads on the way to the bosque or Carrizozo on 380. You'd get to drive through the White Sands missile testing area. Of course if you stop in San Antonio you can get a green chile cheese burger at Manny's Buckhorn Tavern. I've never had the burger at Manny's but I have had one at the Owl across the street. The Owl's burger was the best I've ever had and I had to wait for it a very long time and it had been talked up and it was still good. Now I hear the Buckhorn's is better. Scary! There's also the Very Large Array radio Telescope. Or head north and west and drive to Pietown. Socorro is a very nice small town with reasonable motel rates and good choices for food. I could and have spent weeks driving around this part of New Mexico camping. Might just be worth a road trip. fjm