Re: [Harp-L] Re: JASON RICCI CONCERT -

----- Original Message -----
Then  what? .... evarb?
----------end----------
I notice the reviewer saying that there were many young people there... more
than show up at regular Blues shows.

Oh No!  Young People!  They're taking over!  <har-de-Har!>

One poster said that if Jason had opened the show with some ODBGs stuff
maybe the old farts would have liked the show better, paraphrasing with
tongue firmly emplanted in cheek.

That reminded me of that solo shuffle he did on Friday afternoon at the
Green Parrot in Key West last weekend.  If he had started with something
like that those old farts would have been whoopin' and hollerin' by the time
the second number came around.  He was solo for at least two minutes before
the band kicked in.  Amazing hard-core tongue-blocking and octaving blues
stuff.  Anybody else here on the L see it?  Hear it?  I understand there was
a webcam or something.  Maybe someone caught the audio and put it in an
archive somewhere.  I wish I had recorded it.

I think my history teacher and music appreciation professor told me once
that Mozart was considered a child prodigy RADICAL!  Back in the day.

I'm jus' sayin'

---------Next msg---------
In the words (paraphrased) of the famous Mike Easton: "Sometimes you are
fixing something and you get to a point where you are trying so hard, you
actually wind up UN-fixing it
------------end------------
I was talking to Jason about his new Harpgear amp and his old Bassman, sez
he traded the old Bassman and it was so messed up that people worked on it
to fix it over and over finally fixed it so many times that it was un-fixed
it to the point that it was amazing.  No telling how many mods it had gone
through.

-----------Next msg---------
On public chat groups, people who are not professional critics are allowed
to express their opinions, which is a good thing. To insist that all
reviewers have to pass the "standards to the subject" test before being
allowed to post is somewhat pretentious.
------end----------
The point was, I think, that the reviewer went to the show expecting
something that was not going to be there.  And then wrote about his
disappointment.  All he would have had to do was check JRNB website and
listen to some of the clips that come on as soon as you click, and then read
some of the bio stuff.  Maybe he wouldn't have been expecting "The Blues."
But perhaps the Blues Society paid for the gig... and then had some sort of
expectations.. I dunno, but I read the editor's posts on their OBBS
newsletter about them booking Blues acts and almost nobody showing up except
a few die-hards.  So they didn't get the "Blues" they were expecting.  But
they got alot of young people... more than show up at the regular blues
shows.  I think that's a good thing.  At least a mixed bag.

PEACE
Splash