From: HTownFess <Spschndr@xxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Let's talk Little Walter
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 08:02:03 -0700 (PDT)

Is this rhythmic feel what is called rubato?  I'm not showing off, but
trying to confirm the usage, which I first noticed in Jerry Wexler's
autobiography, when he talked about Willie Nelson's singing and
likened it to Sinatra's in that regard, IIRC.  The Wikipedia entry has
some interesting quotations on the topic from the classical field.