Re: [Harp-L] sorry

now we have someone with a good knowledge of humor.
thank you Bulldogge.

You're welcome.

I will sit back read what you all have to write and maybe digest a few things. and maybe in a few years I will be allowed to ask some real questions.

Questions are good, so please ask all you want. It's the answers people usually have problems with. Also, sometimes topics just get no response for reasons unrelated to the list: people are busy, forget to post until a few days go by, etc...

one last thing (I know your glad). I would like to know of a very good book, DVD for learning how to play the harmonica.
I have a few but Barrett seems over my head. and the dummies book seem to simple and don't have a DVD that show you the how's and good songs to play that don't have the harmonica (play along).

For DVDs I'd recommend both of Madcat's tutorials, especially the rhythm one:

http://www.madcatmusic.net/store.html

Scroll down to the DVD section. This reminds me, I need to buy a few of these CDs--Madcat's been busy.

While not a DVD, I think Jerry Portnoy's three-CD set is an excellent introduction to the instrument as well as something that you can refer back to over time to refresh your playing:

http://www.harpmaster.com/lessons.htm

I'd also highly recommend buying Steve Baker's "Harp Handbook":

http://www.amazon.com/Harp-Handbook-Steve-Baker/dp/0711949190

Every harmonica player should own a copy of this.

Hope this helps.

 ()()    JR "Bulldogge" Ross
()  ()
`----'