Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica Amplifiers

 Mike Fugazzi wrote:
<Anybody try the new Fender Champ XD or Vibro Champ XD?  Guitar players really dig them.  I am a sucker <for a blackface sounding amp.  They might be good for newbs?

They might indeed.  One of the guys on Harptalk bought two Champ XDs.  I've seen it up close and heard a guitar player using one, and it sounded great for guitar.  The guitarist reviews on harmonycentral.com are all very positive.  But I haven't played through it.

Worth a trip to the local store to try it out.  At $329 for a 15 watt amp with 16 (!) different preamp voicings, there's potentially a lot of bang for the buck there.

If your local store doesn't have it, you can always get one from musiciansfriend.com.  If you don't like it, you can return it within 45 days, no excuses needed. You'll be out $15 for shipping, but that's about it.

Rgeards, Richard Hunter
latest mp3s and harmoncia blog at http://myspace.com/richardhunterharp