Re: Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Charlie McCoy new CD mystery tune

On Feb 27, 2009, at 2:44 AM, EGS1217@xxxxxxx wrote:

SmoJoe:

Sometimes I wonder if all your esoteric references are 'caught' by everyone here?

Not by everyone. That would be a hard thing to achieve.

Just to clue in anyone who may not have ever heard of the original
'Wonderful, Wonderful Copenhagen' from the Danny Kaye movie 'Hans Christian Andersen'

or that your sign off references the mysterious Leon Redbone ;)

Who would have thought that anyone would know what Osseorosso was? Unless they speak 'Goombah'?

(whom you sing just like...also resemble a wee bit, and humorously compare yourself to after being accused here of being a Keyser Sosa- type character)...

Leon is a mysterious character. Harmonica content: He DOES play harp. But he is younger than I. Appeared on the 'national' scene in 77 in Toronto..IF you can consider Toronto as 'THA scene'.

here he is dueting with Zooey Deschanel on 'Baby it's Cold Outside' for the Movie 'Elf'

My favorite is Lazy Bones. (there's harp on it). As for Hard to say Goodbye, the first 4 notes are the same as Londonderry Aire (oh Danny Boy). A good bending exercise.

I figured I'd translate, for once <G>

Apparently, you speak a couple languages other that Scottish?

smo-joe agent to Claude De (not Gary D.) Bussey.

Elizabeth