Re: [Harp-L] Re: Walter Horton's daughter speaks out

On Feb 18, 2009, at 11:21 AM, Dan Berger wrote:

Smo- Joe wrote:
, I immediately quit listening to Elvis' version.
Proof (to me at least) that SLOW versions of tunes are sometimes better than flash-bang versions.

Joe- Elvis knew it too!

I just got back from Memphis last night. At Sun Studios
they have a recording of Elvis talking with Carl Perkins
where he says he prefered the Billy Ward and the Dominoes version of Hound dog because it was slower.

Straight from the King's mouth and about the same song too!

Dan

A-Haaaaa, then that settles it. No reason for anyone to go to the high Himalayas to find the Maharishi Vishnu-verhere, Hafna-gootime in order to learn the secret of life. It turns out that 'I' am the difinitive answer to everyone's queries. (ducking shoes)

smo-joe (hattier to Leon Redbone).