[Harp-L] the real origin of "country tuning" is probably lost to time.

"the real origin of "country tuning" is probably lost to time.

Yes, I think so too, and the only reason I ever brought it up was
because a couple years ago, I made mention of the fact that I had
done this and now they sell them this way. I suppose it got blown out
of proportion and it was made as if I was trying to come off as some
sort of Einstein. I don't happen to be into modes and couldn't begin
to tell you the difference between a Carthaginian and a Fridgedarian
mode. I play mostly 2nd and 5th positions. Sometimes I play a
position and don't know WHAT it is. I'm just a broken down old
trumpet player."

sMo-Joe

Having been a "Lurker "on this site for at least 15 or more years  and  have read most of the post on this subject I'm convinced that "Smo Joe" was in fact the first to use this tuning. If you're not convinced, research the  Harp-L archives.

Paul