Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica Honker

Steve, I had a Harmonica Honker for a couple of years and liked it a lot.
For cleaner tones and good hand effects it is a great harp microphone.  I
was moving in the opposite direction from you -- more toward tube amps and
an urban blues sound -- so I played it less and less and eventually sold it.

Two caveats -- I noticed a fair amount of handling noise, but that may have
just been my clumsy playing style.  Also, the battery is lithium, about $10,
and expensive to replace if you leave the unit switched on by mistake and
run the battery down.  The battery lasts a very long time if you are careful
to switch it off when not playing, but there is no pilot light to alert
you.  There may be one now on the current model of the mic.

Still, I recommend the Harmonica Honker for the application you describe
here.

-Rick Davis
The Blues Harp Amps Blog
http://www.bluesharpamps.blogspot.com/