  From: mundharp@xxxxxxx
  To: bill.eborn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, December 28, 2009 3:43 PM
  Subject: Re: [Harp-L] harmonicas and underprivileged kids

  Don't know about Cuba, but I'm currently living in the Republic of the Philippines.
  Harmonicas are quite rare here, and in terms of local wages, the few that are for sale are VERY expensive. More expensive for example than a locally hand built & quite playable accoustic guitar.

  As a point of information, when I arrived in the Orient from Great Britain, back in August 2009, I was searching desperately for a Bb diatonic harmonica... To be told, at several musical instrument shops, that such an instrument "does not exist".

  Eventually, I obtained my Bb harp from "www.harponline.de"... All the way from Germany!

  LOL

  John Walden
  Cebu City.