Re: [Harp-L] harmonicas and underprivileged kids

Don't know about Cuba, but I'm currently living in the Republic of the
Philippines.
Harmonicas are quite rare here, and in terms of local wages, the few that
are for sale are VERY expensive. More expensive for example than a locally
hand built & quite playable accoustic guitar.

As a point of information, when I arrived in the Orient from Great Britain,
 back in August 2009, I was searching desperately for a Bb diatonic
harmonica...  To be told, at several musical instrument shops, that such an
instrument "does  not exist".

Eventually, I obtained my Bb harp from "www.harponline.de"... All the way
from Germany!

LOL

John Walden
Cebu City.

In a message dated 28/12/2009 20:58:40 Malay Peninsula Standard Time,