[Harp-L] Re: Rice Miller's age

Bill Donoghue has claimed for some years that Rice Miller was probably
born in 1912, saying that census records back that up, and 1908-1909
are also cited as likely birth years.  Note that smo-joe's guess is
right in the middle of that bracket, and coming from a law enforcement
background, smo-joe might have been good at guessing.  SBWII is in a
lot of unflattering photographs ca. 1963-65, but was not in good
health during that high-visibilityperiod, was dying in fact, and his
hair color makes him look older.  Nothing about his physical bearing
in the AFB videos suggests a man born in 1897 as he claimed, to me.
Put grey hair on those outdoor photos of LW in 1968, and how old would
he look?  The later birth date also lines up better with accounts of
when & why Miller left the farm and went into music, ca. 1930.

Stephen Schneider