Re: [Harp-L] Rice Miller's age

On Dec 21, 2009, at 4:08 PM, michael rubin wrote:

H-Town Fess said: there are claims that the census says SBWII barely made it
past fifty.

This seems completely contradictory to my understanding, I see
pictures of him that seem like he is at least 70 years old.

I don't know Michael. When I saw him at Percy Bossier's roadhouse in Port Allen La. back in 1960, he looked to be about 50. He already had salt and pepper in his sideburns. He was tall and gaunt and had huge hands and wasn't too friendly. (I never held that against him).

  There is
only one picture I know of with him looking anywhere around 40 years
old, everything else he seems to be 60 years old or older.  Am I
missing something?
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com