[Harp-L] re: this estrin cat

Bob I think you're right about Rick Estrin, he's one hell of an amazing player, a very cool cat and great guy.

I feel compelled to point out that Jason Ricci, too, is deepy schooled in Chicago Blues, Delta Blues (Jason played in juke joints all over the south with some top players for many of his "earlier" years), and all other forms of blues, also jazz and various other genres.  He too is one hell of an amazing player, a very cool cat and great guy.

If you are lucky enough to hear Jason play some of his laid back, slow and acoustic stuff, you might be quite surprised, the cat can really lay back into some funky mellow blues.

Playing with New Blood (all virtuosi there!) he doesn't play that style as much, and being the hyper-energetic intellect and student-of-all-things that he is, it pushes him to always explore new and different stuff.  Thus JRNB is always pushing ahead stylistically, yet not without honoring the roots of their vast musical tree.

I would love to see Jason & Rick jam, they'd both love it and become fast friends I'm sure (if they ain't already!)

-Dave Fertig