Re: [Harp-L] eed tuning questions

Or maybe your ears are better than mine.

Winslow Yerxa

--- On Sun, 12/20/09, sam Blancato <samblancato@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: sam Blancato <samblancato@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] eed tuning questions
To: "Harp-L" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sunday, December 20, 2009, 6:50 PM

Winslow Writes:   "In my experience a reed can be tuned down 3 semitones by
removing material from
the base without weakening the reed - I have reeds that have lasted for
several
years after having been returned this way. I use a sanding wand and remove
metal
gently from an area about a quarter of the length of the reed starting from
the
base.

I've never noticed any dullness from reeds tuned down either with material
removal or solder."

Well, you're probably just a lot better at it that I am, Winslow.

Sam Blancato, Pittsburgh