[Harp-L] eed tuning questions

Winslow Writes:   "In my experience a reed can be tuned down 3 semitones by
removing material from
the base without weakening the reed - I have reeds that have lasted for
several
years after having been returned this way. I use a sanding wand and remove
metal
gently from an area about a quarter of the length of the reed starting from
the
base.

I've never noticed any dullness from reeds tuned down either with material
removal or solder."

Well, you're probably just a lot better at it that I am, Winslow.

Sam Blancato, Pittsburgh