Re: [Harp-L] Re: Butter TV spot

I love Butter, but this time I am standing up for Wilson and Estrin.
Someone said they are just Little Walter clones and not innovative.

John Juke Logan said there are two types of harp players, those who
have entered the Little Walter sweepstakes and the rest of us.

I agree there are many Walter clones.  But the two you named are the
first names that come to your mind.  Why?  Because they are technique-
and-feeling wise two of the very best.  Just that their names are the
example of anything is a huge accomplishment.

But I think it is more than just being great imitators that got them
noticed.  I think Wilson and Estrin and inovators within a stylistic
framework.  Wilson creates his own licks while being true to the older
styles of timing and notes from which to choose from.   Estrin's tone
is truly his own and recognizable within seconds, imo.  I could go on,
but I won't.
Butter lover,
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com