To: "Jim Rumbaugh" <jrumbaug@xxxxxxxxxxxx>; "geoff atkins" <geoffatkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, December 14, 2009 3:43 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Multi-amplifier

You asked:
Q:But what's the risk of putting a 3 ohm speaker on an 8 ohm amp
A: It's "kinda" like a small short circuit, The tubes and transformer have to dispate the energy gemerated. I do not recomended it.

This brings another question to my mind. I have a 8 ohm amp and a 4 ohm amp and was wanting to play them both to give more of a combination of tones and more volume. I was told I could just plug the input channel 2 of the first amp into the input channel 1 of the other amp and by playing through the channel 1 of the first amp it would work and daisy chain them together. Does this mean being different ohm speakers that it won't hurt either amp?

Bob "The Captain" Boyd
Texas Tide Band
www.texastide.com
210-494-1118