[Harp-L] Multi-amplifier

Advice please.
I just got my new amplifier yesterday,.. we are "nearly there".
It has a coke bottle rectifier, DC heaters, a couple of ECC83 preamp tubes,
separate bass mid and treble controls, and two class A-b outputs:
one is a single ended 6V6 (~5W) and
the other is twin EL84 's in push pull (~9W).
Problem:
I have narrowed the 12" speaker choice down to two: an 8 ohm HandH 35year
old (~50watts), and a German 3 ohm veteran from the late 30's (~25 watt
handling capacity). The output transformers are designed for 8 ohms.
The German 3ohm speaker sounds wonderful, -even without a cabinet!
But what's the risk of putting a 3 ohm speaker on an 8 ohm amp?
What blows first, speaker, output transformer or tubes?
"I won't play at full volume".. not for the first week anyway.

Option: could an 8" 4 ohm speaker (be wired in *series* with the
3 ohm? and would the speakers then interfere with the signal getting to the
other?

Geoff Atkins