[Harp-L] REED REPLACEMENT

Joe wrote:

I have also used Hering reeds in Hohners.... snip.....  (if) the diatonic reed will not be the  same length ..snip..
.. This can be adjusted. As a general rule, Hohner reeds are wider than Hering slots. This can be adjusted
either at the reed or the slot.

  It's been a long time since I've tried it but iirc, Hering reeds aren't as long as Hohners.  I've heard this can
be overcome but I never understood how.  Dave Payne once posted a supposedly simple method, but i
couldn't understand his instructions.  What is the best way to make a short reed fit into a slot that is too long?
  Next question: how do u adjust a reed that is too wide for it's slot?
ron - FL Keys