Re: [Harp-L] re: delay or reverb

The delay pedal I use for gigging is the DeltaLab DD1, $59.99 at Guitar
Center.  I've tried many delay pedals, from expensive boutique effects down
to the $15 Dano Fab Echo.

The DeltaLab DD1 is true bypass, no tone suck.  The sound is good, the
tails have an organic decay.  The thing is built like a tank.  I think it
sounds better than my Ibanez AD9 analog delay.

Really, harp players (and guitar players) sometimes spend WAY to much time
and money agonizing over which delay sounds best.  That's up to each player,
and I'm not suggesting the DeltaLab DD1 pedal is for everybody.  But I do
think players often overlook lesser expensive digital delays that sound
perfectly fine for harp.  Leo's Boss DD-3 is a good delay; lots of harp
players use it.  To my mind, the only reason to upgrade would be to get a
feature not included on the DD-3, such as longer delay times or tap tempo or
whatever.

--
-Rick Davis
The Blues Harp Amps Blog