Re: [Harp-L] Re: Playing and singing while driving

Ok I forgot to mention a most important lesson.

My friend...and Gospel singing master... Todd Tone
gave me the following advise...
I found this advise changed my life:

Practicing singing into the windshield of the car is not creating good form.
He noted my sharp (if not pointy or nasal) vocal tone... developed by using this method as my only practice method.

In order to reach the back of the room in an acoustic setting...he opened his vocal instrument in such a way to project good tone to the back row.
Following his advise...I sang at the beach while facing the waves...projecting into the great blue beyond...
Next I worked on singing at my big Barn dance gigs...trying to project to the little window at the top rear of the Dairy barn.. ( where the bats hung out)

Am I a great singer now? Well I am much better than I was...

I think this constrained space (windshield) might affect ones tonality in a bad way for harmonica too( if this is your only practice method...cramped diaphram) ..so make sure and get out doors and project...tone tone tone.
Ever walk along next to the railroad track and try to hear yourself as the train goes by...builds tone....and projection and rhythm...

Thanks Todd Tone. (Glide memorial Gospel)

Still learning
Grant