Re: [Harp-L] Overblows "out of the box"

A lot of info can be had at overblow.com Also search Richard Sleigh He and his associates wrote the book on harmonica set up.................Dane Paul

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jérôme P." <peyrelevade@xxxxxxx>
To: "'Harp-L'" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2009 12:36 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Overblows "out of the box"

Hi everybody,

I've got a question which would seemingly not be very politically correct,
but I am very much interested by the answer .

I've heard about new harps which are supposed to be tuned for overblows "out
of the box".

I have to say I don't really understand what it means.

I don't know any machine able to play overblows and overdraws (not speaking
about multi overblows and multi overdraws .), and I don't see how you can
tune and adjust a harmonica for overnotes without playing those.

I can't neither imagine how many people playing overblows would be needed to
tune harmonicas for a large market.

So my question is: does anyone know what "overblows out of the box" means
exactly? How is it done - manually? Any feedback from harp players used to
play overblows?

Best regards,

Jerome