Re: [Harp-L] practicing jamie ambersol
- To: David & Jackie Naiditch <french10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] practicing jamie ambersol
- From: Emile Damico <oatss_oatflakes@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 12:01:05 -0700 (PDT)
- Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1251572465; bh=GUWZ8AkM/XS327zRHCByD4RLfYFnf8f080E/8x/aRKs=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:Cc:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=xEPW4hGNec7SrIVRyBoonfs0P0WU3hUezfE8IZVtOiOBhjufitxtPdHIjFo77bhgslsGvo+G1q7nldgj0RHW+O0hSjuUZLLy28FjBjC0JTS04nPbcAx+qyg1cWThPxFyOedCFr2q8H8v9g9MLz07qPJRy/UF5fcrKuq/PighgHo=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:Cc:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=g/hzuxCbiQN7WbS1/DTaA5FpGKkpXbAzd37naqC4vK8Hdj8FOkqVRYHBPNJl9NCqMHnxNuoYT0/nWgceZrpxW1jUYFNR33sHobNp1i8PPdx0ZpIB8qcAo0/WK5EJstwFNhwpmP028y78idpr8BTreLJKdBmAQWi+Fcl+/b1XV4s=;
- In-reply-to: <8F120C9F-0493-4936-9ED6-7C4E714EAC67@pacbell.net>
It's amazing how much Ambersol can help with playing.
You might want to try volume 21 for a little different work out.
I'm wondering if there's a volume that has the tritone substitution.
--- On Sat, 8/29/09, David & Jackie Naiditch <french10@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
From: David & Jackie Naiditch <french10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] practicing jamie ambersol
To: "Emile Damico" <oatss_oatflakes@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Saturday, August 29, 2009, 1:03 PM
I've been practicing Ambersol's II-V-I changes (forget what volume) in every key on the C chromatic. When I get bored with these exercises, I work on other material, but I keep coming back, each time gaining a deeper appreciation of how important these exercises are in developing a jazz "vocabulary." These exercises have also helped spice up my blues, country swing, and progressive bluegrass playing.
On Aug 29, 2009, at 9:30 AM, Emile Damico wrote:
> I know all of you jazz guys are practicing intensely all of the time.
> I like to use vol. 21 of Ambersol. I've just started going back to vol.3 that
> has the II V changes. One part uses the Dim-whole tone scale.
> No big deal take a major scale flat the third start on the 7th degree.
> This is made trom the melodic minor ascending. In this case C melodic minor.
> e.g. BCDEbFGAB
> So is anybody else using these studies. Will Gallison uses them also.
> If so what volumes.
> Harp-L is sponsored by SPAH, http://www.spah.org
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and