Re: [Harp-L] SPAH 2009

I agree with Venky and Richard - I wasn't at SPAH this year but I was last year in STL and had the same observations as Richard. Let's put the jam issue aside, that's not going to change. But organizationally I was pretty frustrated and disappointed in St Louis that it was hard to tell what was where and what it was going to be about and how to find it. Not knowing for sure what was going to be offered, I would have never gone though if I wasn't already there for business.

The organization would do well to supplement the staff at the hotel or professional organizers (it can't be that much for the basics) to do a little of that typical 'convention' stuff. This is not something for 'amateurs' in most cases although the clubs do an admirable job to pull of something like this at all.

also I had at times considered making some attempt to get the Sacramento, but again not having a solid agenda ahead of time, no way. I have the same problem with other festivals as well though. maybe the folks who went there had the best time ever but some who just couldn't make the leap without the proper information sure couldnt' have a good time!

don't take those comments as criticisms, just suggestions for improvement from the peanut gallery.

Bill