Re: [Harp-L] Best Working Man's Harmonica Out of the Box

That goes to show just how different we all are, I think the Hering 1923's are great. I like the thick reedplates, the tuning, and they feel great. Mine seem just as loud as any marine bands I have, but I do open the covers in the back on all my harps. Although I am a guitar player, and we seldom notice anything about harp. JD

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rick Davis" <bluesharpamps@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Dennis Moriarty" <yodennis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2009 1:09 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Best Working Man's Harmonica Out of the Box

Here's my vote for NOT best gigging harp out of the box: The Hering Vintage
1923. I didn't like it at all. I keep them for backup and hope I don't
have to use them. Did I get a bad pair of harps? Keys of A & D.

I found them stiff to play and very low volume. They sounded dead. Even my
guitar player noticed, and guitar players seldom notice anything about harp.

-Rick Davis The Blues Harp Amps Blog http://www.bluesharpamps.blogspot.com/