Re: [Harp-L] skiing and harping

On 4/26/09 9:11 AM, "cljdm@xxxxxxx" <cljdm@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hey everybody,
>
> ?
>
> Thought I would share a "harmonica moment" as I call them. Every once and
> awhile I have an experience that makes all the years of practice worth playing
> our little instruement. Non gig experience. Flashing a harp and playing on the
> spot is something I do less often than I use to, but this time I am glad I
> did.

Hey Chris,

I had a similar moment about 25 years ago. I and 2 of my friends decided to
go up-state New York for "Ice-out" in April I think. What we thought would
be a great weekend to be on the lake fishing turned out to be one of the
coldest ever. We took two small aluminum boats out on the lake earlier on
Saturday morning. As we were flying across the water freezing to death but
eager to fish, SNOW started to fall!! Being the shade-tree comedian I am, I
reached in my coat, pulled out a Special-20 and began playing "Jingle
Bells". The other 2 guys started throwing stuff at me saying "Don't
encourage it man!!" Ok, so I was booed... I still enjoyed it. It was my
"Specail-20 Moment".

Powersolo