Re: [Harp-L] Rob P´s "Strange brew"

Hey Guys,

Thanx for checkin' out my MYSPACE tunes....so glad you liked 'em!! I'll post
some more up there before the CD is done...so here's the link.

http://www.myspace.com/hudsonriverrats

Phoebe became a big fan of the Hudson River Rats back in the 80's and we
remained friends....she has amazing range and one of the most unique voices
in Pop music...listen to the octave leap she hits at the end of her
verse...you hear it and you know it's HER,-)

I really had fun putting my new CD together, we envisioned 'Strange Brew' as
that spooky dark vibe and I think we got it!,-)

That's Marc Muller on Pedal & Lap Steel, he's done some great work with
Shania Twain's band. On the funky GTR solo before my harp solo, that's Leo
Nocentelli from the METERS. I also had a solid R-Section, Will Lee on Bass
and Shawn Pelton on Drums. Ofcourse my Hudson River Rats buds got in on the
act and that's John Korba on E.Pno and George Naha on Gtr...

Harpwise, I used an AUDIX fireball V thru my Fender Blues Deluxe and that's
Hugh McCracken on Bass Harp on this tune. I'm using a D Vermont Maple Comb
on a Big River Body w/ MS Plates.

The nice thing about being in NY is you've quite a talent pool to tap into
when making a record,-) Some live there some just passin thru....

BTW, another tune I just posted up there is the obscure Arthur Adams song
LOVE AND PEACE. I always loved Quincy's version of this but then later heard
it done by the Crusaders, Phil Upchurch and sung by Ronnie Dyson. I thought
I'd sing it and add a short harp solo we really went for a 'relaxed' but
soulful vibe. Using Chuck Rainey on Bass and Bernard Purdie on Drums really
let that happen.....I use an A harp on this...

Thanx again....
Rob Paparozzi

On 4/24/09 8:49 AM, "Dennis Moriarty" <yodennis@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>   I agree: That's a great, darkish beauty of a rendition of Strange
> Brew. Love it! d
> http://www.myspace.com/blowintheblues

All the best,
Rob Paparozzi

email:
chromboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rob¹s My Space (check for upcoming Gigs!)
http://www.myspace.com/hudsonriverrats

Rob¹s Session Sites:
http://www.esession.com
http://www.sessionplayers.com