  From: Craig (Skip) Effress
  To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, April 24, 2009 10:53 AM
  Subject: [Harp-L] losing air on blow notes

  Hello All....I am an advanced beginner on harp, and I'm having a
  problem....I am finding that I am losing (wasting) air through my nose
  on blow notes.....If I use two fingers to pinch my nose on blow notes,
  my volume is much stronger, and I can play more notes on the
  exhale....I've considered wearing swimmer's noseplugs, but don't think
  I'd care for the "look".....Does anyone have any tips to help with this
  problem I'm having?   Thanks very much.....Skip