Re: [Harp-L] Seydel Concerto octave harp

Thanks for all the interest in the Seydel Concerto. These are really "professional" quality harps, and James Conway helped Seydel demo his use of them on irish music etc. at SPAH in '07.

The earlier versions of the Concerto started on the third (C, started on E, etc.) But the newer ones all start on the tonic (C, starts on C, G on G, etc.) I do have some old ones in stock (C, B, Bb) if anyone is interested in that tuning, but normally they would start on the note of the key.

G is considered HG, because the two tones in hole one are the equivalent of hole 1, and hole 4 of a regular diatonic, whereas on a C (for example) the two tones are hole 1, and an octave below that, relative to a standard diatonic.

Hope this helps and is not too confusing....
--
Rupert Oysler
www.seydelusa.com