To: "h-l" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2008 5:54 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] RE: Combs - I surrender with my last word

When people suggest that the archives be delved into I think it is because a lot of this has already been discussed. There is some great information there but admittedly it can take some digging to find and some of the more crucial bits aren't currently archived. Pat Missin's best ever article on intonation and tunings went missing in a server crash. Blessedly it is available on his site.

I think it is just fine and dandy that people ask these questions over and over again. Vern hones his writing skills and every time I learn something new from reading what for me is a very old discussion. I would like to compliment Vern on his explanations. Either I've gotten smarter or Vern has gotten really good at explaining this stuff. Most probably the latter. I am somewhat disappointed that Bobbie Giordono hasn't weighed in here. She has some very intriguing divergent ideas regarding these topics. fjm