Re: [Harp-L] Which Hole Number?

That's exactly what I do!

Had a chat with a sax player with regard to improvisation and filling up a
music. He said that he consciously knows what note that he is hitting.
That's probably because Sax's players need to have the scale in mind all the
time, not like in our case that is, we can easily grab the right harp key.
Also, unlike in harmonica, sax's players are able to see their fingerings
(or at least can feel the finger position which is on). In our case, IMHO
the only clue we have is the note sound... there's no clue where we are..
this is the thing that makes me curious on this issue.. is there any way to
know what note being played just by looking on "physical arrangement" (like
fingering position in sax)  ?

Smoe-Joe suggested me to do what clarinet's players do.. But this is based
on the familiarity of the note sound.. well, I'll try that practice anyway..

Arnold