Re: [Harp-L] re: Sounds like Harmonica

Ignoring any sane person's hatred of ANY instrument played badly some of the sounds that I like, which I can also hate include:
Shredding electric guitar - horrendus in the hands of the 2nd rate and tedious even in the hands of maestro shredders if too long.
Smooth Jazz saxophone - try listening to a Smooth Jazz station for too long and your mind implodes.
Classical Orcesteras soberly playing mediocre dance music because the fact that it was written down by a 'Composer' in 1787 means it is an "Underappreciated work".
The accordion, except in the hands of a top player.
The acoustic guitar in the hands of hamfisted strummer (even worse two hamfisted strummers together)
My own guitar, or harmonica playing, when I am trying to take it to the next level and cannot pull it off.

This is not a unique problem of the harmonica. ...

My daughters 4,8&9 think I play and sing better than Sonny Boy II ; but they also worship High School Musical....

Being discontent with the sound is good for musical progress, blaming the poor instrument is not.

Richard