Re: [Harp-L] Summertime

Hi Harvey,

I also play Summertime using a Lee Oskar Natural Minor
and start on the blow 6, and that's pretty much the highest
note that I play on the song, unless I throw in a run
all the way up the harp.

I have also wondered if I'm playing in 1st or 2nd.
I assumed it was 2nd, but I'm not positive.

I guess if I could find a backing track in a known key,
I could then finally know... unless I am actually playing in
both 1st and 2nd !!  arrrgh !

Hey, I enjoyed your "Sixteen Tons" song... its always been one of my
favorite songs (love Tennesee Ernie Ford!), but I never really learned
to play it on harp.

Last weekend, I felt inspired to at least try and figure out what key
the Tennesse Ernie Ford song was in, and trying figure out the
cool instrumental part that goes with "I owe my soul to the company store".

Best I could figure the song is in Bm, as it sounded good with boght a LO
natural minor Bm and F#m... also seemed playable on a richter G harp
in 5th position, so I figure it must be Bm.

Do you know what key the original TEF song is in ?

This is one of those songs that seems to sound best when accompanying
someone else due to the needed vocals then just instrumentalizing
the song, so I'm not sure how good my own solo performance would be.

But I would love to be prepared to play it with someone someday!

Ken Hildebrand, Chardon, Ohio