[Harp-L] Re: Inexpensive and good sounding amp

V18 power is in the 15 watt range and the volume is consistent with
this.   It has gain and master volume controls, and the gain needs to
be low for harmonica. The clip was made with the gain at about 10% and
master at about 50%.   It seems to be reasonably feedback resistant at
those settings.  I have not gigged with it.   The voicing is unusually
dark for a guitar amp and therefore favorable for harp.  The tone
controls work nicely for harmonica.  The reverb is very sensitive to
the control knob and rather diffuse but works OK at low level.   Some
discussion boards have said a replacement tank for $25 vastly improves
the reverb and a 12ay7 works well in the first gain stage.   I would
not be inclined to invest in circuit modifications to this amp given
PCB construction and uncertainty regarding durability.  I got it for
use with guitar, and was surprised to find it worked well with
harmonica.