Re: [Harp-L] Demolition Man?
- To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Demolition Man?
- From: "michael rubin" <michaelrubinharmonica@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 09:30:33 -0600
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=/0XF4ME4BThY/cr7czYf5PvfhRn0HJkcwMxpG5hSbnQ=; b=RE4BN+OBPySBRjklCVCLA/ZQdJcv13P8A+3sNV94RdDCkGlSa9EMf8JSzLP2Xn6VkE r7Rs6xb1LJQD3TcA5WgtU99mCUVluBZZt0Vs4u+Pjo1J2/DjuDZl0BWkfthP1tUQNmn2 wd8263RwG7FfYhVWC2qXK6UVBonZeBUU/pxH4=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :references; b=JfqRTJl7z5KIVNsbraeSrPz61tTCLmwcMTPY2RC+vcunTisJ5590huaOtIMXLXuRnV 67u8JDAd/9BWtvmdCR40qZOAcXv+2i8bGL3Drt4bsNBGsgUrPtzveZqGxTG7ovV/ZYyp VHHoKWTHqLbocFrdwDFtUcAd9ETkoHIS1h7OM=
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Do you mean Missionary Man by the Eurythmics, Lennox' band? There was
a song by The Police called Demolition Man with no harp which was
covered by an 80's woman (definitely not Annie Lennox) but I do not
remember harp there either. Anyway, I do not remember the harp player
on Missionary Man, but he was on some other songs on that album.
Great player, great solo.
On 11/27/08, 46long Blake <46long@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Just heard this 80's hit yesterday for the first time in perhaps 20 years.
> I was in high school when it came out, and barely had picked up a harp, and
> never listened much to the harp part, which is pretty darn good. I can't
> place the player. I think Musselwhite worked with Annie Lennox at one point,
> but it doesn't sound like him. It kinda sounds like John Popper trying to
> cop Butterfield licks at times. I think Popper would have been in High
> school at the time, and I think Butterfield had passed by then, so.....Not
> to sound too flippant - it's a good player - but I didn't immediately
> recognize who it was / is. Any help?
> Buy my CD! -
> 46 Long on itunes:
> Harp-L is sponsored by SPAH, http://www.spah.org
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and