Re: [Harp-L] Reality check?

Ooooh brother. It looks like we were both made with the same King biscuit cutter. I could touch this, but I'm afraid. Very very afraid.
smo-joe

On Nov 24, 2008, at 11:19 AM, BiscuitBoy714@xxxxxxx wrote:

I say Rock On Rob. I know this has been tossed around here a lot but I just
gotta say it. My first paying gig was in 1969 when I was 12 years old. I got
20 bucks for the night. I did a coffee house gig as a duo last year and
bucks for the night. Bar owners and people who book bands know quite well that
we as musicians don't make enough to live most of the time. They take
advantage of the fact that we love what we do. I have had times where I played for
a living. Put diapers on my son and ate peanut butter. I myself don't play
for free very often now, but I don't play very often either. I'm semi retired
and my son is a grown man so I don't have to worry about money as much. I feel
sorry for the kids who are trying to make these days.

                Randy
             BiscuitBoy Blues